How it works
- SMS Communications Manager runs on Google App Engine™ as a web service.
- Android™ phone with SMS Communications Manager Android app installed logs in to the web service as a client using an authorized Google Apps™ account.
Once connected, the Android phone serves as a SMS gateway for the web service to send and receive messages.
The phone does not need to be dedicated for the service. It can still be used for calls and other purposes while the Android app is running.
All contacts and messages sent/received are stored and managed on the web service. Real-time statistics and analytical reports are generated by the web service based on the message logs.
Connecting Multiple Android Phones
You may connect more than one Android phone for use with SMS Communications Manager. This is useful when:
- There are multiple users in your domain.
- You need to send a high number of SMS messages within a short duration.
- You want to send and receive SMS in different countries. This allows you to take advantage of the local SMS rates.