You can now record a voice clip online and send it as a text message to your contacts. This feature is available for Web SMS as well as for Automated Tasks (Broadcast Message and Auto-responder Message).
The voice message feature uses an Adobe Flash plug-in that let you record a voice message and automatically generate a URL link to the saved voice clip. The URL is then inserted in your text message.
When your contacts (recipients) receive the text message, they simply click on the URL link to stream and playback your voice message. Their phone must have Internet connection and support MP3 playback. This feature uses natural voice, not speech-to-text.
Click the icon to launch the Adobe Flash plug-in and follows the steps below:
1. Click the Record button to start recording.
2. You must allow the Adobe Flash plug-in to use the microphone.
3. Say your message. You can record up to 1 minute length. Press the Stop button to stop recording.
4. Press the Play button to playback your clip or press Save to save the clip.
5. Once saved, wait for the URL to appear. Then, click the Insert to Message button to insert the URL to your message.
6. The URL will be automatically appended to your message. You can add other text in the same message before sending.
Once your contact (recipient) clicks on the embedded URL in the received SMS, your voice message will stream and play on the phone. The phone must have Internet connection and must be able to play MP3 clip.
Beware that anyone who has the link will be able to stream and play the voice message. If you would like to delete a recorded voice clip, you can identify and delete it under the Message Store tab.